Sunday, April 22, 2018

Wenger says he doesn’t resent Arsenal dissent after quitting

Sportsnet.ca
Wenger says he doesn’t resent Arsenal dissent after quitting
Wenger says he doesn’t resent Arsenal dissent after quitting

LONDON — Outgoing Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he doesn’t resent fan protests but says they didn’t reflect how the club is perceived throughout the world.

The 68-year-old Frenchman spoke for the first time since announcing Friday that he was quitting Arsenal after 22 years, despite having a year remaining on his contract.

Speaking after a 4-1 victory over West Ham in the Premier League, Wenger declined to discuss what prompted his decision.

But "Wenger Out" banners have been displayed by some fans as Arsenal has failed to win the Premier League since 2004.

Wenger says "I am not resentful of fans. I just feel if my personality is in the way of what I feel our club is, for me that is more important."

Wenger added that "if the fans were not happy I can understand that. … I don’t know if it was damaging. It was not corresponding to what I really feel our club is perceived and has to be perceived all over the world."

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Victor Lindelof playing on through injury is the most heroic thing you’ll see this weekend

Dream Team FC Victor Lindelof playing on through injury is the most heroic thing you’ll see this weekend It’s been a fairly bleak s...

Archive

Labels

Blog Archive